Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Outside the Box

Every once in a while I discover that I'm getting a little repetitive in my 'scrap groove'. I find I'm using the same old routine, the same old technique. Recently, I went back to basics and got a fresh start.
First, I sorted stacks of pictures that were about 3 years old. I weeded out the non-scrap photos, and put them in an album for my children to mangle. I filed the scrapworthy ones, and put them out for easy reach.
Then, I decided I would put a different spin on my layout for May, National Scrap Month. I mixed textures. I sanded, ripped, and curled edges. I even dug out my Disney princess cartridge and cut out a pair of Dorothy slippers. It felt good to stretch out of the box.
What have you done outside the box lately? Are you ready to stretch? Spring has sprung, so get out of that dark little corner and jump up at the chance to try something new!
I'll try to get those LO's posted for you soon!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment